Sunday, June 16, 2013

What you see is what you get.

 Crazy.
Weirdo.
Chaotic.
Cynical.
   
      People I meet in life are not always that nice to me. I'm learning each day, however, to accept these realities as the universes way of letting me know that everyone has their issues, and the things people say to me are just reflections of their own insecurities.
    I have been told, on several occasions, that I open up too much to people. I put myself out there too soon....I expose myself to the core too frequently....and this is what allows others to hurt me. My vulnerabilities show and people take advantage of that.
Still, as much as some may see that as a flaw...I truly think thats the best part about myself....
I have been blessed with the GENUINE gene...I believe I inherited that from my Mama
   I am an open book...right down to my physical flaws. I don't wear makeup, I never got braces, I don't use padded bras...I rarely wear heels. Because, you see....You gotta love yourself and you have to let people love you....the REAL you. Showing off all your not so prettiness, allowing others to see that some days, you just don't feel like smiling, or showering...or even getting off the damn couch is OKAY!  Those days that you feel unaccomplished and vulnerable, and you can show others that you are just like them is fucking beautiful. Because, lets face it....we all feel that way sometimes.
   So, no...I am not going to hide who I am or try to "fix" what is less than perfect about myself. We are all flawed; that is what makes us special. 
  So, even if I am cynical, crazy, weird and chaotic....I am also...
Beautiful.
Creative.
Funny.
Amazing.
And so so so much more....
I am who I am...and I make no apologies for that. Neither should you.

3 comments:

  1. Agreed, <3 this

    ReplyDelete
  2. "We were talking about the space between us all and the people who hide themselves behind the wall of Illusion"

    NOTHING hurts more than when you trust someone enough to bare your soul, insecurities, and vulnerability to and they turn around and use that to hurt or to control you. I know from first hand experience that it's damage is not easily repaired. However I personally think God knew what he was doing when he created you. People who don't accept you (the REAL you) are not the people you need in your life. People who do, cherish!!
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Human beings naturally want to feel like they are great, and better then most of the people they will meet up with in their everyday life, because part of loving yourself is to have a higher regard for yourself. When you complain about how miserable your life is to other people, especially if you don't really know them well, you are helping them to feel like they are better then you are, which is only hurting your own self esteem. Sometimes, we can be our own worst enemy, just by what we say to others, so we must watch our words, and choose our words wisely before we speak. Be a good listener as well as a good talker, and never put yourself down to others, but at the same time don't make yourself sound like someone you're not. Be yourself, but always be trying to improve on yourself. We all need to constantly be working on improving ourselves throughout our entire lives, and this is a good thing to do. To let yourself just stagnate, and be satisfied with just being "so so" will never get you anywhere in life. Ask any successful person, and they will tell you that it takes hard work and allot of self motivation to become successful in life, and if you love doing it, and you're making good money at doing what you're doing, you've got the best job you could ever hope for. "Keep on pluggin" and don't let anybody discourage you from doing what you really want to do, because only you matter to you.

    ReplyDelete