Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Sticks and Stones and Broken Bones....

     Like most people, I struggle with life on a daily basis. I trudge through the dirty waters of financial hardship, health issues, societal stigmas, social inadequacies, and the constant feeling of loneliness. For the past two years, I've been working on that; on both a professional scale and in my own personal time. I feel like it's a constant college course of "re-wiring my brain" to the positive side of life. I've been working really hard to try and look for the silver lining in things, find the beauty in everyday life, live with the light instead of constantly fighting with the dark...BUT.... (Yes, there is always a but...) It's fucking hard, man...especially when you're the kind of person that is not very careful with their heart...  
STICKS AND STONES MAY BREAK MY BONES, BUT WORDS WILL NEVER HURT ME!

You're not good enough. You'll never amount to anything. You should do something about your (fill in physical imperfection here.)

What are we supposed to do when people we love, and who are supposed to love us back, say these things to us? Act as if they do not cause wounds? Pretend that they did not just re-open scars? Smile, hold your head high, wish them peace and walk away? I'm tired of that.

Life throws some vicious curve balls. I never was a good batter...

3 comments: